Tineke Ceelen has been director of the Refugee Foundation since 2003. She travels tirelessly and with great commitment from crisis to crisis to draw attention to the more than 100 million refugees worldwide.
Tineke Ceelen has worked in humanitarian aid since 1993 and has been leading the Refugee Foundation for the past two decades. She travels all over the world, because as director, she wants to see the problems with her own eyes.
With her media appearances, she amplifies the voices of refugees and brings their story to the fore in the Netherlands.
- Born: 1963, in Maren-Kessel
- Education: Cultural Anthropology at Utrecht University
- 1993-1997: Head of Missions at Memisa
- 1997-2000: Coordinator at the Red Cross in Tibet
- 2000-2003: Regional delegate for development organisation SNV in Cameroon
- 2003-now: Director Refugee Foundation
- 2009: Publication of her book ‘Hier en daar een crisis’ (‘A crisis here and there’)
- 2012: National Woman in the Media Award
- 2020: Decorated Officer of the Order of Orange-Nassau
- 2023: Decoration Comenius Award
On the Dutch radio Tineke regularly talks about current humanitarian crises and aid.
Tineke also joins TV programs, where she discusses current crises and the emergency aid that the Refugee Foundation provides.
Presentation and lectures
We are happy to give presentations about the Refugee Foundation, the emergency aid we provide and the situation of displaced persons and refugees.
Would you like to invite an employee as a speaker for a lecture or presentation?